Child Abuse Prevention Month 2020
Each April nonprofit partners across the country come together to highlight the need for child abuse prevention. During the current shelter-at-home guidelines in response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, turning our attention to keeping kids safe at home becomes even more critical. This month we are offering a number of ways for you to access our services and programs digitally, highlighting our partners that are providing access to resources to meet your needs and thinking creatively on how we all adapt to our new way of life while keeping kids safe and providing victims a path to healing.
Child Abuse Prevention Month Blog Series
New Blog Posts on Fridays
Parents: Practical Resources for Keeping Kids Safe at Home
Parents, take a deep breath. You are juggling a lot at the moment and it is not easy. We’ve pulled together some resources, information and trainings from our partners and trusted resources. All of these guides and support materials are available at no charge.
- Beau Biden Foundation: E-book available to help parents protect their kids from online predators https://www.beaubidenfoundation.org/onlinepredators-2/?blm_aid=8128513
- Common Sense Media: Reviews of books, movies and apps (by age group) https://www.commonsensemedia.org/resources-for-families-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic
- Telling Our Stories: A place for journaling and story collection during the COVID-19 pandemic https://www.covid-stories.com/
- Darkness to Light: Protecting Children During A Crisis https://www.d2l.org/education/additional-training/protecting-children-during-crisis/
- Read / Watch / Listen
- “Digital Well-Being Guidelines for Parents During the COVID-19 Pandemic” by the Center for Humane Technology